I am inviting you to share a statement about what you would like to see happen in the future.
This doesn’t have to be a one-shot, all-encompassing vision statement for your entire life. Instead, your vision can focus on a single topic. For example:
- A mayor in 2017 has a vision for improving parking downtown
- A teacher in 2017 has a vision for improving reading skills
- A college student in 2017 has a vision for landing a job as a marine biologist
- A business owner in 2017 has a vision for developing a new product or service
- A non-profit director in 2017 has a vision for greater community involvement
These would all be focused visions developed at a specific time. And over the next 30 years, you are invited to share multiple visions for the future. I will hashtag your vision statements so that you will be able to see all of your statements in a single search.
Because I believe your voice counts. I believe your vision could inspire others who are working to solve the same problems you face. I also believe that your vision will become stronger by writing it down and sharing it this project.
- We could search through 2,000 visions shared by mayors and city council members and pull together via hashtags visions about transportation, or education, or civil rights.
- We could search through thousands of visions shared by teachers all around the world and use hashtags to explore how teachers in Texas approach teaching compared to their colleagues in Mexico, Ireland, Finland, etc.
- We could see how university graduates with a specific major have grown year after year as professionals.
Just use the simple green form below. All you need is a vision and a photo. Why a photo? Because your vision would look so much better on Instagram with one.
When you ran for office, you promised your city that you would like to make a handful of specific changes. Chances are, you are still working on making those changes a reality now that you are in office. I am inviting you to share your vision for the future for a specific topic area. For example, you could focus on one of the following topics:
- Economic Development
- Public Safety
- Public Art
As the project develops, I’ll create hashtags for each major topic. That way, you’ll be able to explore how other city leaders across the world are working to tackle the same issues.
I would like to hear from:
- Educators at all levels from preschool to graduate school.
- School administrators
Instead of asking you to focus on a specific topic such as technology in the classroom, improving reading skills, or maintaining classroom order, I’m leaving it wide open for you to share a more comprehensive vision. In other words, share whatever changes you hope to see in the future.
I’m inviting leaders of both for profit and non-profit organizations to share their visions for the future.
Please be specific. Talk about a specific product or service that you hope to offer in the future.
I will link to your web page in the features I post about you.
As a former full-time university faculty member for 16 years, I am especially interested in featuring university students as they transition from the classroom to the workforce.